Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Value

I want to be like Mary
dousing your feet with anything I have of any value

I want to be like the woman who brought
all that she had and offered it to you
because she knew her value was in you

I want to be like David
dancing in the street to offer praise to you
because he knew his value came from you

I want to be like Moses
he gave up all his treasures, he had to be with you
because he knew they held no true value

I want to be like Paul
and count it all as loss, except for knowing you
because he knew that you are the only thing of value

I don't want to hold on to anything that is of this world
Lord, help me to let go and grab ahold of you
because I know that you are the only thing of value
and I know that anything of value is in you

1 comment:

Marla said...

I can hear you singing this. Love it, Mol.